Re: Redhat Storage Ceph Storage 1.3 released

Hi,

On 02/07/2015 10:16, Vickey Singh wrote:
> Thanks Loic / Ken
>
> I am a bit confused , we are running OpenSource Ceph Firefly in Production and planning to upgrade to Stable hammer release.
>
> Questions :
>
> - Which exact Hammer release is currently stable release , that we can upgrade to without fear ?

It is recommended that you upgrade to Hammer v0.94.2 and you can upgrade without fear.

As you can see from the analysis at http://www.spinics.net/lists/ceph-devel/msg25069.html, there are a few differences between Red Hat Storage 1.3 and Hammer v0.94.2. If one of these matters to you, maybe you should wait until v0.94.3 is out since all of them should be included. You can also have a broader view of what v0.94.3 will have by looking at http://tracker.ceph.com/projects/ceph/issues?query_id=78 which is the full inventory of what you will find in v0.94.3. You see there is a lot more than what Red Hat Storage 1.3 has and maybe some of these patches matter to you.

The Ceph stable releases are published by following the process documented at http://tracker.ceph.com/projects/ceph-releases/wiki/HOWTO which is convenient if you want to track the release that matters to you. Nathan Cutler (SUSE) is organizing the next Firefly release (v0.80.11) and Abhishek Lekshmanan (Reliance Jio Infocomm) is organizing the next Hammer release (v0.94.3).

> Did RedHat already started pushing their paying customers to move from Firefly to Hammer ??

I don't think a Red Hat employee would be allowed to answer this question, even if (s)he could ;-)

Cheers

--
Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre