How to use different Ceph interfaces?

How could I use ceph different interfaces?
Here is what I understand so far. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

1. Ceph Object Gateway: I am assuming the only way to use it is to utilize the API.
2. Ceph Block Devic: Here is where I am not very clear. Is the only way to utilize Ceph Block Device using its API? There is no way that one could use an existing application(let's say in C) and use this mode? This mode is the only mode that ceph does striping, right?
3. CephFS: Mounting it on the client node and doing I/O operations in the mounted directory. In this case, there is no striping provided by ceph, right? So, there wouldn't be a way for applications to right to the same storage device concurrently?

Thanks,
Hadi