Re: Redhat Storage Ceph Storage 1.3 released

Thanks Loic / Ken

I am a bit confused , we are running OpenSource Ceph Firefly in Production and planning to upgrade to Stable hammer release.

Questions :

- Which exact Hammer release is currently stable release , that we can upgrade to without fear ?
- Or should we wait for couple of more months for 94.2 and 94.3 release comes out ?

Did RedHat already started pushing their paying customers to move from Firefly to Hammer ??

Regards
Vickey

On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 9:16 AM, Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG <s.priebe@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
Am 01.07.2015 um 23:35 schrieb Loic Dachary:
> Hi,
>
> The details of the differences between the Hammer point releases and the RedHat Ceph Storage 1.3 can be listed as described at
>
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/ceph-devel/msg24489.html reconciliation between hammer and v0.94.1.2
>
> The same analysis should be done for https://github.com/ceph/ceph/releases/tag/v0.94.1.3 which presumably matches RedHat Ceph Storage 1.3.

can you clarify this? In the past the ceph inktank releases were exactly
based on git tags. Is there now a "hidden" git repo for the ceph
releases done by redhat? Or how can we understand this?

Stefan