Re: Cost- and Powerefficient OSD-Nodes

I haven't used them myself but switching silicon is getting pretty cheap nowadays:

http://whiteboxswitch.com/products/edge-core-as5610-52x

There's similar products (basically the same Broadcom ASIC) from Quanta and I think Supermicro announced one recently as well.

They're not as plug and play since they run linux but you have a lot more options for tweaking.

Thanks,
Patrick

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 4:35 PM, Dominik Hannen <hannen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> FYI, most Juniper switches hash LAGs on IP+port, so you'd get somewhat
> better performance than you would with simple MAC or IP hashing.  10G is
> better if you can afford it, though.

interesting, I just read up about the topic, those Juniper-Switches seem to
be a nice pick then.

Patrick Hahn