Re: snapshoting on btrfs vs xfs

We want to use this script as a service for start/stop (but it wasn't
tested yet):

#!/bin/bash
# chkconfig: - 50 90
start () {
 -f /dev/shm/osd.0.journal || ceph-osd -i 0 --mkjournal
}
stop ()  {
 service ceph stop osd.0 && ceph-osd -i osd.0 --flush-journal && rm -f
/dev/shm/osd.0.journal
}
case \$1 in
  start) start;;
  stop)  stop;;
esac

Also, we didn't see any noticeable  improvements with rbd-caching, but
we didn't performed any tests to measure it, just how we feel it.