snapshoting on btrfs vs xfs

Hi,

We have an openstack installation that uses ceph as the storage backend.

We use mainly snapshot and boot from snapshot from an original
instance with a 200gb disk. Something like this:
1. import original image
2. make volume from image (those 2 steps were done only once, when we
installed openstack)
3. boot main instance from volume, update the db inside
4. snapshot the instance
5. make volumes from previous snapshot
6. boot test instances from those volumes (the last 3 steps take less then 30s)

Currently the fs is btrfs and we are in love with the solution: the
snapshots are instant and boot from snapshot is also instant. It cut
our tests time (compared with the vmware solution + netap storage)
from 12h to 2h. With vmware we were spending 10h with what now is done
in a few seconds.

I was wondering if the fs matters in this case, because we are a
little worry about using btrfs and reading all the horror story here
and on btrfs mailing list.

Is the snapshoting performed by ceph or by the fs? Can we switch to
xfs and have the same capabilities: instant snapshot + instant boot
from snapshot?

Best regards,
Cristian Falcas