Re: Cephfs/Hadoop/HBase

On Fri, 10 May 2013, Noah Watkins wrote:
> Mike,
>
> Thanks for the looking into this further.
>
> On May 10, 2013, at 5:23 AM, Mike Bryant <mike.bryant@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I've just found this bug report though: http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/3601
> > Looks like that may be the same issue..
>
> This definitely seems like a candidate.

Yeah.  Although in this case, there is only one client with caps, and it
is excl, which makes me think it's not quite the same as 3601.

Client needs to make a concerted effort to push unlinked inodes out of its
own cache, and it doesn't currently do this.  We probably need to put the
unlinked inode (or its parent dentries) on a special list so that it gets
forced out of cache on the next trim.

sage