Striped read

Hi,

I’d like to know how a file that’s been striped across multiple objects/object sets (potentially multiple placement groups) is reconstituted and returned back to a client?

For example say I have a 100 MB file, foo that’s been striped across 16 objects in 2 object sets.  What is the data flow in terms of CRUSH to get back all the “bits” and return the reconstruct original file.  Is there some meta involved?

Regards

Dell Corporation Limited is registered in England and Wales. Company Registration Number: 2081369
Registered address: Dell House, The Boulevard, Cain Road, Bracknell,  Berkshire, RG12 1LF, UK.
Company details for other Dell UK entities can be found on  www.dell.co.uk.