Re: Cephfs/Hadoop/HBase

Investigating further, there seems to be a large number of inodes with
caps, many of which are actually unlinked from the filesystem.
2013-05-10 13:04:11.270365 7f2d7f349700  2 mds.0.cache
check_memory_usage total 306000, rss 90624, heap 143444, malloc 53053
mmap 0, baseline 131152, buffers 0, max 1048576, 3012 / 3537 inodes
have caps, 4222 caps, 1.19367 caps per inode

The number of inodes with caps is steadily increasing, and keeping
pace with the total number of inodes.
The majority of them seem to be ending up in this state:

2013-05-10 12:38:41.871531 7f2d8154f700 10 mds.0.locker  wanted pFscr -> Fc
2013-05-10 12:38:41.871535 7f2d8154f700 10 mds.0.locker _do_cap_update
dirty - issued pAsXsFsxcrwb wanted Fc on [inode
 1000000f573 [2,head] ~mds0/stray8/1000000f573 auth v271004 s=2639959
nl=0 n(v0 b2639959 1=1+0) (ifile excl) (iversion
 lock) cr={789359=0-67108864@1}
caps={789359=pAsXsFsxcrwb/Fc@10},l=789359 | ptrwaiter=0 request=0
lock=0 caps=1 dirty=
1 authpin=0 0x66e0580]

After that they don't seem to appear in the logfile, they just get
forgotten about. (Presumably until the client would actually drop the
cache.)

I've just found this bug report though: http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/3601
Looks like that may be the same issue..

Mike