Release cadence revisited

After discussing with Nathan again on this commonly revisited topic,
this is yet another attempt at attempting a monthly release cadence.

We currently have two releases in queue, the current mimic release and
the old stable luminous release. We could aim for cutoff dates for pr
submissions on the branches as a fixed date every month, say 15th for
luminous, and end of month for mimic. We could add this to the public
ceph community calendar, so that everyone is aware, and it is assumed
that the releases are auto approved for qe after the date, though
initially we can try sending remainder mails or so. After the cutoff
date, final qe begins, and for the existing prs on this branch, we block
merges by increasing the reviewer count to 20 or so (as suggested by
sage in an earlier thread) until the release announcements are out

This also means more work for the backports team and QE, hopefully we
can get more volunteers.

Also, in the current state of things the luminous queue is almost empty,
so we could try taking the current luminous branch into QE 15th of this
month itself, if the leads are ok or we could wait until end of week or
so if necessary.

Thoughts, opinions?

--
Abhishek