Re: Cephalocon QA: Test development/individual contributors

On 04/04/2018 08:55 AM, Gregory Farnum wrote:
We should unify
these efforts if possible and extend them into more tests whenever
possible. This helps a lot with test development. We’ll of course
never be able to support running a full rados suite on a single
machine (just due to the machine time required), but if we switch
enough tests into a framework that runs in multiple environments
individual contributors can at least run smoke suites on their own, as
well as any new tests they create for their contributions.

It would be really cool if we could move most (if not all) the monitor tests to vstart_runner. Given most of our tests as of late end up relying quite a lot on json output, having them as python scripts instead would greatly reduce the complexity of existing tests, as well as the overhead of writing new tests.

Furthermore, maybe then we could also rely on the monthrasher workunit for local tests, which nowadays is a pain to reliably mimic.

I'm looking forward into diving into this a bit more in the near future.

  -Joao