Cephalocon QA: Performance testing in teuthology

Performance testing is an area that teuthology does not currently
address. Neha is doing some work around integrating cbt (ceph
benchmark tool, from Mark and other performance-interested people)
into teuthology so we can run some performance jobs. But there’s a lot
more work if we want to make long-term use of these to quantify our
changes in performance, rather than micro-targeting specific patches
in the lab. We’re concerned about random noise, machine variation, and
reproducibility of results; and we have no way to identify trends. In
short, we need some kind of database system to feed these results into
and do analysis. This would be a whole new competency for the
teuthology system and we’re not sure how best to go about it. But it’s
becoming a major concern.
PROBLEM TOPIC: how do we do performance testing and reliable analysis
in the lab?