Re: new naming convention for building repos and binaries from branches

> I think the natural progression of things is:
>
> stage 1.        coded up, ready to share, not ready to build or test.
>                 (might be being built out of stream,  etc.)
>                 early stage of collaboration, code review, etc.
>                 [ I think people currently do this in various
>                 different ways... ]
> stage 2.        ready to test / build / for a LIMITED set of
>                 architectures (often just one.)
>                 start of testing, don't need all architectures yet.
>                 OR, failed on one architecture, want to just test *that*
>                 architecture.  [ We don't currently have a way to
>                 do this, but I bet at least half of our builds could
>                 work this way. ]
> stage 3.        ready to test / build / for ALL architectures.
>                 about to commit fix to master / general distribution,
>                 known to work on one architecture, but want to actually
>                 do the thorough test on everything.

Stage 1 and 2 could be accomplished by started a build with kraken in
IRC or by using the jenkins web UI (I'd recommend kraken though). By
default we are currently building for xenial, trusty and centos7 on
x86_64 for every push to ceph.git. That's look something like this:

!ci build ceph-dev BRANCH=$branch

You could also limit the distros:

!ci build ceph-dev BRANCH=$branch DISTROS="xenial"

It's stage 3 that I think we need the naming convention for.