Re: building boost statically

On Mon, 2 May 2016, Adam C. Emerson wrote:

If we could manage it, that would be my ideal world. Rather than
making it A Submodule, say, if we could have cmake examine the system
boost to see what version it is and, if the version is greater than or
equal to the required version, just use it. Otherwise just fetch the
required version and build against it statically.

Auto-fetching would be nice. One caution against just going with greater-than is that some libraries in the Boost project introduce breaking changes now and again, so being able to go with a specific version can be important.

-Jesse