RE: building boost statically

Let's not wait.

As another option. If all we're looking for is "small_vector", then I looked at taking the equivalent out of the Folly library a while ago. It looked like it would be relatively easy to hack up the one header file to make it standalone. Then we could just include it in the Ceph source tree as a common file (it's a header-only thing). Once we're confident that all of the relevant distro's are updated we can easily dispose of the file and do a top level rename.

Allen Samuels
Software Architect, Fellow, Systems and Software Solutions

2880 Junction Avenue, San Jose, CA 95134
T: +1 408 801 7030| M: +1 408 780 6416
allen.samuels@xxxxxxxxxxx