Re: Compiling for FreeBSD

On 4-12-2015 21:11, Willem Jan Withagen wrote:
On 4-12-2015 19:44, Gregory Farnum wrote:
On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 10:30 AM, Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 3-12-2015 01:27, Yan, Zheng wrote:
On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 4:52 AM, Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2-12-2015 15:13, Yan, Zheng wrote:

I see that you have disabled uuid?
Might I ask why?

not disable. Currently ceph uses boost uuid implementation. so no need
to link to libuuid.

And

The uuid transition to boost::uuid has happened since then (a few months
back) and I believe Rohan's AIX and Solaris ports for librados (that just
merged) included a fix for the sockaddr_storage issue:

I cannot seem to find the package or port that defines boost::uuid.
So how did you make it available to the build system?

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_59_0/libs/uuid/

It's part of the boost labyrinth. I think in Debian it's just part of
libboost-dev, but you might need to dig around in whatever packaging
you're using for FreeBSD.

I've dumped all of the labels in de boost libraries.
So it is not default available with the pre-build packages.
Which is understandable given the size of all that is available in
boost. But lets go and fetch/build some of that stuff.

For the time being I've chosen to use the misc/e2fsprogs-libuuid package.
Reason for this is that is easily installed, instead of going thru the motions
of manually downloading/compiling a boost library.
Once boost-uuid is available reverting is easy.

--WjW