Re: Compiling for FreeBSD

On Tue, 1 Dec 2015, Alan Somers wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 11:08 AM, Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On 1-12-2015 18:22, Alan Somers wrote:
> >>
> >> I did some work porting Ceph to FreeBSD, but got distracted and
> >> stopped about two years ago.  You may find this port useful, though it
> >> will probably need to be updated:
> >>
> >> https://people.freebsd.org/~asomers/ports/net/ceph/
> >

> > I'll chcek that one as well...
> >
> >> Also, there's one major outstanding issue that I know of.  It breaks
> >> interoperability between FreeBSD and Linux Ceph nodes.  I posted a
> >> patch to fix it, but it doesn't look like it's been merged yet.
> >> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/6636
> >

> > In the issues I find:
> > ====
> > Updated by Sage Weil almost 2 years ago
> >
> >     Status changed from New to Verified
> > Updated by Sage Weil almost 2 years ago
> >
> >     Assignee set to Noah Watkins
> > ====
> >
> > Probably left at that point because there was no presure to actually commit?
> >
> > --WjW
>
> It looks like Sage reviewed the change, but had some comments that
> were mostly style-related.  Neither Noah nor I actually got around to
> implementing Sage's suggestions.
>
> https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/828

The uuid transition to boost::uuid has happened since then (a few months
back) and I believe Rohan's AIX and Solaris ports for librados (that just
merged) included a fix for the sockaddr_storage issue:

	https://github.com/ceph/ceph/blob/master/src/msg/msg_types.h#L180

and also

	https://github.com/ceph/ceph/blob/master/src/msg/msg_types.h#L160

?