Re: Paxos and long-lasting deleted data

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 1:46 AM, Gregory Farnum <greg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 11:45 AM, Andrey Korolyov wrote:
>> Just an update: this data stayed after pool deletion, so there is
>> probably a way to delete garbage bytes on live pool without doing any
>> harm(hope so), since it is can be dissected from actual pool pool data
>> placement, in theory.
>

> What? You mean you deleted the pool and the data in use by the cluster didn't drop? If that's the case, check and see if it's still at the same level — pool deletes are asynchronous and throttled to prevent impacting client operations too much.

Yep, of course, I meant this exactly - I have waited until ``ceph -w''
values was stabilized for a long period, then checked that a bunch of
files with same prefix as in deleted pool remains, then I purged them
manually. I`m not sure if this data was in use at the moment of pool
removal, as I mentioned above, it`s just garbage produced during
periods when cluster was degraded heavily.