Re: Maintenance mode

Hi All,

I have "slow requests" when set one of two osd in "noout" and restart server. What can I do to safely shut down the server?

-Alex
Try "ceph osd set noout" beforehand and then "ceph osd unset noout". That will prevent any OSDs from getting removed from the mapping, so no data will be rebalanced. I don't think there's a way to prevent OSDs from getting zapped on an individual basis, though.
This is described briefly in the docs at http://ceph.com/docs/master/rados/operations/troubleshooting-osd/?highlight=noout, though it could probably be a bit more clear.
-Greg