Re: Understanding Ceph

Dimitri,

For what it's worth I also stepped through the process of spinning up
Ceph and OpenStack on a single EC2 node in a recent blog entry:

http://ceph.com/howto/building-a-public-ami-with-ceph-and-openstack/

It has some shortcuts (read: not meant to be production) but it may
help give you a quicker quickstart.  Feel free to shout if you have
questions, either here or poke scuttlemonkey on #ceph or twitter.
Good luck.  Thanks.

Best Regards,

Patrick

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 10:13 AM, Sam Lang <sam.lang@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 10:39 AM, Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 1/19/2013 12:16 PM, Sage Weil wrote:
>>
>>> We generally recommend the KVM+librbd route, as it is easier to manage the
>>> dependencies, and is well integrated with libvirt.  FWIW this is what
>>> OpenStack and CloudStack normally use.
>>

>> OK, so is there a quick stat document for that configuration?
>
> http://ceph.com/docs/master/rbd/rbd-openstack/
> -sam
>

>> (Oh, and "form" in my other message is supposed to be "from": tyop)
>>
>> Dima
>>

>> --

Patrick McGarry
Director, Community