Re: Understanding Ceph

Thanks for the reply, Sage and everyone.

Sage, so I can expect Ceph-rbd works well on Centos 6.3 if I only use
it as the Cinder volume backend because the librbd in QEMU doesn't
make use of kernel client, right?

Could you explain a bit more about what are the functions of kernel
client? Will it influence the daily operations, such as listing
volumes, devices by using ceph commands?