Re: Understanding Ceph

oops, it seems not a good news to CentOS users. For kvm's rbd
image/volume use case, is it well supported? Or will Inktank consider
supporting CentOS in the near future?

Ceph-Fs seems not an urgent requirement. But the rbd and object store
are the core requirement for cloud service providers who are running
CentOS. If not, I think sheepdog should be a good alternative for
volume backend. And users can keep using swift as the object store on
CentOS.

On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 12:51 AM, Denis Fondras <ceph@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>

>> I was unable to get ceph to run on centos 6.3 following the "5 minute
>

> Same here... I was only able to build the ceph-fuse client.
>
> Denis
>
> --

~_~