Re: new list proposal

Christopher Chan wrote:
- technologies
- best practices
- deployment strategies and tools
- management strategies and tools

I don't know whether that will take off...has not it been tried outside centos.org by centos list members already?

Not that I am aware of. But its worth a try here in .centos.org ( or so I feel anyway ). What we do or dont do will ultimately be based on what everyone feels about it.

And to better cater to these conversations, as well as further encourage such content, we'd like to propose creating a 'centos-tech' list.
They sound like 'general' stuff that lot.

yes, a lot more generic than something that is distro specific.

How about a centos-help list instead?

I am not sure if that would work, its been tried many times and always fails back to the fact that everyone who posts to a list, has an issue they need help with.