Re: new list proposal

Karanbir Singh wrote:
Christopher Chan wrote:
- technologies
- best practices
- deployment strategies and tools
- management strategies and tools

I don't know whether that will take off...has not it been tried outside centos.org by centos list members already?

Not that I am aware of. But its worth a try here in .centos.org ( or so I feel anyway ). What we do or dont do will ultimately be based on what everyone feels about it.

Sometime when Bryan Smith was still about...setup by a Brazilian IIRC. But whatever. Like John Hinton says: Cut us loose.

And to better cater to these conversations, as well as further encourage such content, we'd like to propose creating a 'centos-tech' list.
They sound like 'general' stuff that lot.

yes, a lot more generic than something that is distro specific.

Okay, I think quite a few here would want a 'anything goes' list then.

How about a centos-help list instead?

I am not sure if that would work, its been tried many times and always fails back to the fact that everyone who posts to a list, has an issue they need help with.

Okay, let's have an 'anything goes' list whatever it is called.