Re: new list proposal

Karanbir Singh wrote:
One thing that we are often blamed for is trying to stifle conversations and to discourage people from commenting / contributing / encouraging conversations. And that cant be further from the truth, really. We are all pro-community ( and when I say we, I mean everyone - including the contributors, developers, admins, users, abusers and hey upstream too ).

However, one thing that does get in the way, often, and something that we all feel creates a higher 'noise' ratio is conversations on this list about semi-related stuff, but not something that directly contributes to the general users of CentOS. Conversations that specifically address four areas:

- technologies
- best practices
- deployment strategies and tools
- management strategies and tools

I don't know whether that will take off...has not it been tried outside centos.org by centos list members already?

And to better cater to these conversations, as well as further encourage such content, we'd like to propose creating a 'centos-tech' list.

They sound like 'general' stuff that lot.

Over a period of time, we would like to see the CentOS list become a more user help and distro specific list, with generic conversations moving to the centos-tech list.

How about a centos-help list instead?