Re: strict memory

Mag Gam wrote:
Hello All:

Running 5.2 at our university. We have several student's processes
that take up too much memory. Our system have 64G of RAM and some
processes take close to 32-48G of RAM. This is causing many problems
for others. I was wondering if there is a way to restrict memory usage
per process? If the process goes over 32G simply kill it. Any thoughts
or ideas?

In /etc/profile, use "ulimit -v NNNN" (in kilobytes) to limit the max virtual of all processes spawned by that shell

32G per process on a 64G machine sounds like a bit much. wouldn't a limit more like 4GB per user session be more appropriate on a multiuser system?