Re: iscsi and the last mile...

Joseph L. Casale wrote:
Yeah, you're missing the iscsi part.  Means the 'drives' are on a
different system on the other end of a network link.

Heh, thought you were trying to export those discs *on* the iSCSI server
and couldn't see them there, my bad :)

'iscsiadm -m discovery -p <ip of target>' wont give the target name, you need
'iscsiadm --mode discovery --type sendtargets --portal <ip of target>'

You also need to pass tcp 3260 through the firewall on the target, I have never
used RH's target, does it do this for you? Iet allows you to define allowed/denied
clients, does RH's?

jlc

You're right.  I grabbed the wrong copy of my notes.

You have to manually configure the firewall on the target.