Re: Disk quotas for Sendmail

Jussi Hirvi wrote:

I would like to start using disk quotas on my Sendmail server, and optimally
they should be configurable by user or group. How can this be done? (I tried
to google, but no success.)

Storing email in users' home folders makes sense in many ways. After all, those too are their files, not anybody else's.

As an alternative, pretty close but not quite the same, I use Cyrus IMAPd, and keep the main Cyrus spool in /home/cyrus. This way, the /home volume is just "users' files" except I don't keep user johndoe's email in /home/johndoe/mail but in /home/cyrus/....../johndoe And Cyrus already has quota limits at the application level. Also has built-in filtering with Sieve. Faster, more powerful, more scalable than procmail & friends.

It's just a suggestion, I'm not saying this is the ideal solution for every scenario.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/