Re: [Request] mod_auth_ntlm_winbind

Rob Townley wrote:
Morten, i may have mixed up the conversations.  I had just posted about
wanting a SaMBa 3.2 package for CentOS.  This would make it so that the user
could logon to a XWindows/SSH Linux workstation using MS Active Directory
Services credentials.

You are talking about getting your CentOS server to check credentials by
verifying with ADS.  Your users are likely on Windows machines.

Yes, my users are on windows machines.
I also have my CentOS server set up to use AD to authenticate on SSH..
No local users required
This is also working fine - to give access to the server, all one has to do is to add the staff to a certain AD group.

--
Cheers,
Morten