Re: [Request] mod_auth_ntlm_winbind

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 5:34 PM, Morten Nilsen <morten@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Rob Townley wrote:
One of the other users posted about EnterpriseSamba.com.  Their repository
is at *http://ftp.sernet.de
http://ftp.sernet.de/pub/services/samba/README.txt

Haven't tried it myself.  Then again, you are referring to using AD
Authentication in a web browser, but i would think their package would
eliminate some of the steps, anyway.

I'm uncertain as to what you are talking about, but, yes what I am doing is using NTLM to get seamless logon to web servers from clients that are logged into AD.

This is working quite fine, and there was little I had to do on CentOS,
I basically only installed mod_auth_ntlm_winbind, and everything was fine and dandy..

There was one little issue though, I had to turn on keepalive in httpd.conf

--
Cheers,
Morten

Morten, i may have mixed up the conversations.  I had just posted about wanting a SaMBa 3.2 package for CentOS.  This would make it so that the user could logon to a XWindows/SSH Linux workstation using MS Active Directory Services credentials.

You are talking about getting your CentOS server to check credentials by verifying with ADS.  Your users are likely on Windows machines.