Re: Filesystem for Maildir

ext3 again takes the slowest performing title overall as expected...in fact it appears not much as changed fs vs fs wise since Bruce Guenter's tests.
I agree but the values are more "acceptable" in comparision with others filesystems. On Bruce tests it shows a very bad performance for reading.

Yes, reads are vastly improved at the cost of write performance. Weird. XFS has like the best read response times too. XFS is looking very good at the moment with just about the fastest performance in everything. What io-scheduler is default on Centos 5? I assume you prefer read performance to write performance. After all, it is for maildir use. Have you tuned the box for read performance?

Initially this box is not tuned for read because I would to compare the results of tests on default configuration with other configurations.

The default io-scheduler on CentOS 5 is CFQ.

Ah, thank you for doing all that testing.