Re: Filesystem for Maildir

Christopher Chan wrote:

ext3 again takes the slowest performing title overall as expected...in fact it appears not much as changed fs vs fs wise since Bruce Guenter's tests.
I agree but the values are more "acceptable" in comparision with others filesystems. On Bruce tests it shows a very bad performance for reading.

But I am surprised at the overall performance regressions in comparison to 2.6.5/6 kernels with regards to deliveries vs amount of writers.Heitor, you are using a 3ware 95xx or 96xx with BBU write cache and write caching on right? How much RAM do you have for your cache? How is your raid10 configured? I cannot believe a four disk raid0 array can beat a software raid mirror of scsi disks as used by Bruce Guenter.

3ware 9650SE with BBU and write cache on.
Available memory: 224 MB
Bus Type/Speed: PCIe/2.5 Gbps
RAID10: 4 RAID1 subunits with MAXTOR STM3500630AS 500GB SATA2

Thanks Heitor. Is the site down or something? I cannot access the page....it is timing out.
The site is online now.

Regards,

Heitor A. M. Cardozo