Re: [CentOS] yum vs up2date

On Sep 7, 2006, at 1:10 PM, John Summerfield wrote:

If you know of mirrors that are not listed that have CentOS then maybe you could ask them to get in touch with us in order to be listed. Contact details are on the CentOS website.

I'll ask the two I've found.

you may want to direct them to the "CentOS Mirroring HOWTO" page:

http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=22

In a nutshell, it seems that your primary complaint with the mirror system concerns its inability to direct you to mirrors of which it is unaware. Fair enough; I imagine if you can persuade admins of local mirrors to register themselves with the CentOS team, the mirror system will direct you to them.

-steve

--
If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an improbable fiction. - Fabian, Twelfth Night, III,v