[Centos] RFE: Please create a announcement mailing list

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005, Tom Ivar Helbekkmo wrote:

> > 1.  There are a group of people who want a separate announce list.
> > [...]
> > 2.  There is another group people who say ... a separate list is not
> > good, I already subscribe to this list, I don't want to subscribe to
> > another list.
> > [...]
> > all this said ... we can't make everyone in group 1 and group 2
> > happy ...
>
> Of course you can.  Create the announcement list, and then gateway it
> to the regular list.  This way, people who just want the announcements
> can subscribe to the announcement list, and the people who are on the
> regular list will receive the annoucements there.

This is silly. Your solution would not allow people to get only the
discussions. Those who want both can subscribe twice. Subscribing is a one
time action, please don't make things more complex than they ought to be.

End this whole thread please and get those announcement on a dedicated
mailinglist. This is tiresome.

--   dag wieers,  dag@xxxxxxxxxx,  http://dag.wieers.com/   --