[Centos] RFE: Please create a announcement mailing list

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 07:34:22PM +0100, Bernd Bartmann wrote:

> Ok, when we're already discussing the update/errata announcements here
> are some more things to consider:
>
> 1. all announcements should be GPG signed by a central CENTOS key
> 2. md5sums and/or sha1sums should be listed next to each rpm filename
> 3. the announcements should be a little more verbose (include
> ChangeLog, release date, obsoletes, advisory id, ...). Use the RHES or
> Fedora announcements as templates
> 4. a web-site like https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/rhel4es-errata.html
> should be created

And you're the guy who pays me my wasted time for making pretty
announcements, right?

No personal pun intended, but at least i do hate most the 'formatting
announcement' part of this 'job'....

... if you want to pay for that, you better pay redhat, which is making
those pretty announcements.

All the RPMS are signed with the official keys, so it would not bee
even needed to sign the announements itself. At the end, only RPM
signature is important, all the rest is just extra.

my .02?

--
Pasi Pirhonen - upi@xxxxxx - http://iki.fi/upi/