[Centos] RFE: Please create a announcement mailing list

On Thu, 2005-03-24 at 18:21 +0100, Bernd Bartmann wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 18:15:05 +0100, Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Am Do, den 24.03.2005 schrieb Bernd Bartmann um 17:40:
> >
> > > this is an request for enhancement. Please create an announcement
> > > mailing list for security updates and erratas. These things are right
> > > now posted to the normal users mailing list and I don't think they
> > > belong there.
> >
> > > Bernd.
> >
> > The list exists:

> > It is just not used and announcements about package updates are going to
> > this general discussion list. I share the opinion that this is not
> > optimal. It is much easier to observe a special errata list than this
> > one for updates needed.
>
> So what's the sense of this centos-announce list then?
>
> cu,
> Bernd.

Ok ... this has been discussed many times ...

Here are some points:

1.  There are a group of people who want a separate announce list. They
say it it is good because it tracks only announcements, etc. They have a
good point.

2.  There is another group people who say ... a separate list is not
good, I already subscribe to this list, I don't want to subscribe to
another list.  They also have a good point.

3.  There was an announcement the other day that said we are going to
split the resources for the CentOS Project and the cAos Project.  Which
we are currently working on ... and when that is complete, the CentOS
announce list will start getting utilized.

all this said ... we can't make everyone in group 1 and group 2
happy ...

The one announcement (if you missed it):
http://lists.caosity.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2005-March/000001.html

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes