[Centos] RFE: Please create a announcement mailing list

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 11:55:07 -0600, Johnny Hughes
<mailing-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ok ... this has been discussed many times ...
>
> Here are some points:
>
> 1.  There are a group of people who want a separate announce list. They
> say it it is good because it tracks only announcements, etc. They have a
> good point.
>
> 2.  There is another group people who say ... a separate list is not
> good, I already subscribe to this list, I don't want to subscribe to
> another list.  They also have a good point.
>
> 3.  There was an announcement the other day that said we are going to
> split the resources for the CentOS Project and the cAos Project.  Which
> we are currently working on ... and when that is complete, the CentOS
> announce list will start getting utilized.
>
> all this said ... we can't make everyone in group 1 and group 2
> happy ...
>
> The one announcement (if you missed it):
> http://lists.caosity.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2005-March/000001.html

Thanks for the explanation. IMHO point 2 is just people being lazy.
Announcement don't belong to discussion lists. Anyway as I understand
the problem is going to be sorted out so nevermind.

BTW: The announcement list is not being mentioned at
http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=16.

Thanks,
Bernd