[Centos] fsck -Broke?

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 09:33:18AM -0800, Mickael Maddison wrote:

> Hmm... if the 'real' journal is just being created, I can see that
> taking a long time indeed.  so now I wonder, since I went to rescue
> mode, fsck'd the partition, then proceeded to reboot and things came
> up fine, do I have a proper journal now?  I'm assuming the kjournald
> processes would realize there's a missing journal, and begin building
> it in the background while the system is in operation.

I didn't make myself quite clear on this as i am not quite sure if i do
have the facts correct even myself (didn't bother to look that process
too carefully ever).

How i see it, is that the boot process does care about those -i and -c
times and do ovey those. If you don't set those, it'll get back to
doing the normal ext2 fsck process. Making mountcount -1 and interval
between checks 0, wont' even trigger anymore this process and the disk
i handled as ext3.

Something like that?

--
Pasi Pirhonen - upi@xxxxxx - http://iki.fi/upi/