[Centos] (no subject)

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 07:21:39 -0800 (PST), Steven Vishoot
<sir_funzone@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> ok now i am frustrated. this is the third day in a row
> that my server has crashed running centos4, i can not
> ping or access the console but the hardware is still
> running. it does not leave any logs that i can see of,
> is there more problems with this than the few postings
> i have seen here. is there a problem with the kernel?
> i am almost to the point of bringing my box back down
> to 3.4 if this keeps up.

Long shot here...but try booting with the "noapic" option if you
haven't done so already.  I know that on my one system it will freeze
up if I don't boot with that option.  Not sure if it applies here or
not, but it could help.

To add this option, edit /boot/grub/grub.conf , and add noapic to the
end of the kernel entry line.

-Ryan