[lsb-discuss] LSB 3.2 Embedded Profile

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 5:35 PM, Robert Schweikert
<robert.schweikert at mathworks.com> wrote:
> Not trying to be nit picky but this sounds like the server profile we
> briefly discussed. I think if we call the profile embedded it could be
> confused with a profile for embedded/mobile devices and those of course may
> have gtk+, qt, etc.

I prefer calling it Embedded to Server, because many servers
(including SLES and RHEL) support all of the graphical libraries, such
as for stateless clients.  It's a bit macabre, but I would prefer
calling it 3.2 Headless to 3.2 Server, which at least makes clear that
there's no windowing system.  Embedded and Mobile generally mean very
different things in the market today, so I would stick with Embedded,
as I don't believe there will be any confusion.

--
Dan Kohn <mailto:dan at dankohn.com>
COO, The Linux Foundation <http://www.linux-foundation.org>

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux ARM (vger)]     [Linux ARM MSM]     [Linux Omap]     [Linux Arm]     [Linux Tegra]     [Fedora ARM]     [Linux for Samsung SOC]     [eCos]     [Linux Fastboot]     [Gcc Help]     [Git]     [DCCP]     [IETF Announce]     [Security]     [Linux MIPS]     [Yosemite Campsites]     [Asterisk PBX]