Re: Quick question about org.bluez.Device and .audio.* Properties

Hi David,

On Jul 21, 2008, at 20:40, David Stockwell wrote:
> In the near-future 4.x, I understand that the org.bluez.audio.*
> interfaces will be attached to the existing Device, such that the
> object
> path (e.g.) /hci0/dev_* will have/export multiple DBus interfaces, not
> only org.bluez.Device but also org.bluez.audio.Control (could be
> multiple interfaces of the org.bluez.audio family).  I also understand
> that the org.bluez.audio.* interfaces will be set up based on the SDP
> records in the host and remote when the connection/pairing is
> completed.
>
> Is my understanding of this accurate?

Yes.

> Second question: org.bluez.Device has a number of properties (e.g.,
> Connected) which are also valuable in the context of
> org.bluez.audio.*;
> should we duplicate the appropriate properties (and code) into the
> audio.* interface as well, or just require that anyone using wishing
> access these properties address org.bluez.Device?  Similarly, when a
> property changes, would we want to send the signal to a callback
> listening to .Device and .audio.*, or only to .Device?

The org.bluez.Device property relates only to the low-level ACL status
and not to any higher level connections. The audio service would have
it's own signals it sends based on the state of its L2CAP or RFCOMM
sockets or even higher level protocol states on top of the sockets.

Johan