DBUS StartPeriodicDiscovery

Hi all,
I've made a software using  DBUS StartPeriodicDiscovery monitoring in
(almost) realtime bluetooth devices in range.
I've already used this software with many computer and bluetooth dongles
without any problem (I've user it on a Asus eee with ubuntu and kernel
2.6.22, in a debian with kernel 2.6.23 and so on).

Now I've installed it on a ebox 2300SX
(http://www.compactpc.com.tw/ebox-2300SX.htm) using a customized debian
4.0 to run on compact flash with kernel 2.6.22.
I have two different problem :
- When I made a proxy call to StartPeriodicDiscovery sometime i receive
the response "Invalid argument", but if I made hciconfig hci0 reset
before running the problem doesn't appear
- Events generated by StartPeriodicDiscovery (eg. RemoteDeviceFound) are
never called

I can see the led of the bluetooth dongle blinking whene proxy call to
StartPeriodicDiscovery  doesn't give error so I think periodic inquiry
is running (I have not verified with hcidump because at the moment isnt'
installed on the device and I can't install it )

The big difference from the 2300sx and the other installation is it
doesn't have math coporcessor so I have compiled the kernel to support
math emulation but I can't think this is the cause of my problems (why
bluez should use math coprocessor?). Also in the dmesg of the device I
found some error about ACPI ("ACPI: Unable to load the System
Description Tables" and "pnp: PnP ACPI: disabled"), I'm not expert of
ACPI but I think may cause some problems to usb devices...

Can someone give me a starting point to found the problem?

Many thanks
Fabrizio