Re: Grants for developing accessible software

Tenacity started as a fork of Audacity 3.x that simply removed the
telemetry code. It also removed the age restriction in Audacity that was
as I recall found to be illegal, so if I remember correctly it no longer
exists there either. Since then though, Tenacity has cleaned up the
codebase quite a bit, and it has been reported that it may run faster
than Audacity these days. One of the main goals is to make it more
simple to use, but this is subjective of course. Like Audacity, Tenacity
I believe has appImages available if you want to try it out without
making major changes to your system or building it from source.

https://tenacityaudio.org/

~Kyle