Re: solving missing ptr record issues?

Hi,

To add to what Kyle wrote:

didier[~]$ nslookup shellworld.net
Server:		2001:861:5872:fed0:56c4:5bff:fe21:679c
Address:	2001:861:5872:fed0:56c4:5bff:fe21:679c#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:	shellworld.net
Address: 50.116.47.71

didier[~]$

So yes the reverse DNS seems to work for email associated to the domain
shellworld.net which has a ptr record. The only thing I note is that the address
in the output is an IPv4 one (the same given by "host shellworld.net") but dunno
if that matters.

Also a query of internet.nl about emails from shellworld.net doen't ring a belle
eithre wtr reverse DNS:
https://internet.nl/mail/shellworld.net/1280212/

Hence my question for Karen: I have assumed that the domain associated to your
email address is shellworld.net, but maybe this issue occurs with another email
address, using a different domain?

Cheers,
Didier