Re: WSL using rsnapshot to copy to a Local Drive

On 23/10/23 10:00, Martin McCormick wrote:
I'm trying to backup my Windows10 world to a new SSD which is
formatted for Windows and shows up as drive f in Windows, so far,
so good.

If you try to do this with Linux tools, won't you lose all of the underlying NTFS access control lists, and possibly other metadata?

The only exception that comes to mind here would be to run Clonezilla, which I understand has NTFS support. In that case, you would boot from a Linux USB drive and run Clonezilla on the drive containing the NTFS partitions, with destination as the new SSD.