Re: Raspberry pi post install

Hi Lars,

On Sun, Oct 22, 2023 at 08:22:30AM +0200, Lars Bjørndal wrote:
>I've installed the latest Raspberry Pi lite OS. Previously it was
>possible to login with SSH as the user pi with password raspberry. But with the
>newer images, it's not possible any more. The recommended way is to use
>the Raspberry Pi imager to set user/password. However, I don't have a graphical environment
>to run that tool.
>
>Do some of you have a solution to this?

Yes. See here:

https://medium.com/nerd-for-tech/boot-raspberry-pi-headless-and-enable-wifi-on-linux-c204034f7ee3

In short you have to write a file called userconf.txt to the root of your sd
card with the users and their passwords before booting the PI the first
time. The users will be created then automaticaly...

So, still no wizard or grafical tool needed to install and configure a PI...

Ciao,

  Schoepp