Re: Intro.

That's why slint has its own email list.  Slackware is no more difficult
than most other distros.  The https://www.slackbook.org site has
documentation on slackware and slint has a doc command any user can run to
do some slint-specific reading.
The vanilla slackware would work on a handful of speech synthesizers all
of them externally connected to computers.  These days, anyone starting
slint install disk for the first time should get speech out of their sound
card.  Vanilla slackware did a simulation to check if speech synthesizers
could work.  The developer of slint does more than a simulation to check
if the sound card will work for the users of slint.  The people that
complain about distros like vanilla slackware never learned enough basic
linux documentation to get around.  Two commands in linux can be your
friends once installed that is man and info.  You can do man man and read
about the man command or info info and read about the info command.  You
can also do info emacs and read about emacs.

-- Jude <jdashiel at panix dot com> "There are four boxes to be used in
defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that
order." Ed Howdershelt 1940.