Re: In the market for a new Desktop.

Le 13/04/2023 à 23:10, Linux for blind general discussion a écrit :
> That's all I can bring as answers.

Well, not really. About RAM: here 16G , no swap partition but a relatively small
swap file and a big (31G) in zram (currently unused)

LANG=C free -th
               total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
Mem:            15Gi       1.5Gi       5.8Gi       487Mi       8.2Gi        13Gi
Swap:           32Gi          0B        32Gi
Total:          47Gi       1.5Gi        37Gi

zramctl
NAME       ALGORITHM DISKSIZE DATA COMPR TOTAL STREAMS MOUNTPOINT
/dev/zram1 zstd           31G   4K   59B    4K       8 [SWAP]

swapon
NAME           TYPE       SIZE USED  PRIO
/swap/swapfile file      1024M   0B     5
/dev/zram1     partition   31G   0B 32567

So the usable RAM is at least twice as big as the physical one.

Cheers,
Didier
--
Didier Spaier