Re: Twitter alternatives for the blind community?

The Fediverse is probably the best for what you want. I'm not sure whether Pleroma does it yet, but I know Friendica has the concept of forums, which are actually groups within the larger community that is the individual server or the universe that is the Fediverse itself. These forums or communities within a server are accessible from any Fediverse application. For example, I have seen posts to the Friendica support forum coming from Mastodon as well as Friendica, and I believe there have been posts that came from Pleroma as well if I'm remembering correctly. There is also something called Lemmy that is federated forum software. Although Lemmy apparently has some issues with some posts taking extra time to appear, it is supposed to be able to talk to Friendica, Mastodon, Pleroma and others, but it is specifically a community forum as opposed to a microblogging system or similar, like what Twitter does. The nice thing about these forums is that they are somewhat similar to Facebook groups, but they are mentionable more like Twitter or Fediverse accounts. And the sky is the limit with these. They can be as tightly focused or as broad as you would like. Looking at my Pleroma account that I have, I see something they're calling lists. It does appear that they are somewhat similar to Friendica or Lemmy forums, but I will definitely need to play more with this to be sure it's what it appears to be.

~Kyle