Re: Twitter alternatives for the blind community?

According to Jude:
If the blind community doesn't exist, no blindness industry can or could
exist either.  The marketing of products from that goes out all over and
interest from the community informs and drives Government purchasing
decisions on some very expensive technology.

Yet one more reason I am not a member of most blind communities. That "expensive technology" never should have been so expensive. Gouging at its worst. And the "community" is not the group driving the purchase decisions either. Too all-too-large entities, at least here in the States, who take kickbacks from the corporations that peddle this expensive technology lobby state and local governments and even legislators. This is why, just as one example, we have a state agency here where I live that teaches a class on how to use the most expensive screen reading software on the planet in the classroom, but when asked to provide a copy for individual use, offers the free open source alternative that they did not teach the client how to use. Kickbacks are real, a blind community that is some kind of the sum of all the parts of everything and everyone blind or visually impaired is not.

~Kyle